DoH seeks a Public Health Analyst to provide technical assistance in the design, development and evaluation of the Department’s Tibetan Health Information System (HIS) and assist with data analysis and interpretation.
Duties & Responsibilities
DoH has a vast electronic Health Information System (HIS) where data is collected by community health workers or nurses and submitted to sixteen data centers in India and Nepal. DoH seeks a Health Research Analyst to work with staff and provide technical assistance in Epidemiological data analysis, interpretation, and to assist in strengthening and modifying the HIS. Other responsibilities could include: developing and evaluating surveillance and data collection activities, conducting data weighting and producing prevalence and summary reports for defined demographics, preparing documentation and datasets for dissemination, and creating new disease classification and indicators for monitoring and reporting mechanism. This work can be done remotely after an initial orientation in Dharamsala.
- Monthly stipend depending on the category of professionals
- School accomodation may be provided depending on school, monthly rent allowances for volunteers who stay by their own
- Certificate of Recognition
Masters in Public Health or related field.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and conducting epidemiologic research and data analysis, some health IT experience.
Host Organization Background
DOH seeks to make Tibetan refugee settlements viable by improving the basic health of the Tibetan refugee population in India and Nepal. The department has 7 hospitals, 4 primary health centers and 43 clinics. Active programs include:
• Drinking water and sanitation • Health education and training
• Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS prevention and control
• Health data collection • Reproductive health care
• Substance abuse and mental health • Hepatitis B control and prevention
• Malaria prevention and control