Academic Section (Modern)of Department of Education is seeking a volunteer to work as Education Program Specialist and help with Education programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
* to help coordinate in-service trainings and other educational programs
* to help monitor and evaluate the in-service trainings and other educational projects.
- Monthly stipend depending on the category of professionals
- School accomodation may be provided depending on school, monthly rent allowances for volunteers who stay by their own
- Certificate of Recognition
* Masters in any field * Degree in Education (B.Ed/M.Ed)
* Minimum 2 years teaching experience * Proficiency in English and Tibetan(written and spoken)
Host Organization Background
The Department of Education currently oversees 73 Tibetan schools in India and Nepal under different autonomous administrative bodies, serving 24000 students and employing 2200 staff members. The department seeks to provide basic education to every Tibetan refugee child, including modern scientific and technical education, while preserving and promoting Tibetan language and culture. Mindful of the human resource requirements of the Tibetan community at present and in the future, DoE looks to help young Tibetans grow to be capable and contributing members of their communities. Academic Section is one of the key sections of the Department of Education which looks after the educational needs of the schools. Following are some of the important functions of the academic section. * to initiate and monitor necessary changes in teaching methodology in schools * to run teacher education and in-service teacher training programs * to to design and implement various need-based educational programs in schools * to review and evaluate the standard of learning in schools.